MIRA releases its final line-up with Orbital, a key figure in the electronic music scene in the 90s, changes its location to Fira de Montjuïc, and extends its schedule until 5:30 a.m.
- MIRA 2022 changes its location to Fira de Barcelona and will expand its spaces, time slots, and its line-up, thus offering more than thirteen hours of activities, up to 5.30 a.m. and recovering all the formats that define the festival since its first edition: audiovisual shows, live bands, large format art installations, 360º screenings at MIRA Dome by Bershka and DJ sessions.
- The Barcelona digital arts festival released its final line-up today with the addition of Orbital, a British duo and a key figure in the electronic music scene in the 90s. They are responsible for some of the most innovative and iconic tracks of their genre. They will perform their new work “30 something” in a spectacular audiovisual show to celebrate the band’s 30th anniversary. In addition, the DJ Sets of Special Request and DJ Mell G, DJ Danifox’ live show and the audiovisual show by Dania x Valentina Alvarado Matos are added.
- These artists have joined those already added to the line-up: the audiovisual live show by Squarepusher, the IDM legend who will present his latest album; the return of Voices From The Lake; Clark, who will perform his acclaimed album, Body Riddle; Michael Rother will celebrate the 50th anniversary of his legendary krautrock band NEU !; Alva Noto, Caterina Barbieri and Kali Malone will present their latest works, the latter accompanied by guitar and cello; Blawan with Bernhard Holaschke; the show curated by MIRA by Loraine James and visual artist Alessandra Leone; and the return of Bogdan Raczynski after fifteen years.
- Furthermore, MIRA 2022 will feature the presentation of the new album by KMRU and Aho Ssan, which connects soundscapes with cyberpunk; Phase Fatale and Pablo Bozzi with Soft Crash, the perfect mix between techno and Italo; the Creole experimentation of Animistic Beliefs; the return of Moin, with drummer Valentina Magaletti; the new ambient album by American producer Keith Fullerton Whitman; the experimental music by, Somos la Herencia; the atypical mix between rhythm, percussion and synths from Dame Area; the repetitive structures in the manner of Ivankovà’s mantra; and the DJ sessions of the leaders of the London rave scene Tsvi b2b Object Blue, Nia Archives and DJRUM.
- MIRA 2022 releases today the artist line-up by day -check here- and releases its first day tickets today. The entire line-up for the digital part of the festival will be announced shortly, including art installations in various formats, 360º projections at the MIRA Dome by Bershka and the digital art gallery.
FULL MIRA 2022 LINE-UP:
ORBITAL LIVE A/V; SQUAREPUSHER LIVE A/V; VOICES FROM THE LAKE LIVE; CLARK new BODY RIDDLE Inspired Show LIVE A/V; MICHAEL ROTHER plays NEU! 50th Anniversary Show LIVE; ALVA NOTO LIVE A/V; CATERINA BARBIERI LIVE A/V; BLAWAN LIVE A/V; KALI MALONE presents DOES SPRING HIDE ITS JOY feat. LUCY RAILTON & STEPHEN O’MALLEY LIVE A/V; LORAINE JAMES x ALESSANDRA LEONE LIVE A/V; DJRUM DJ SET; BOGDAN RACZYNSKI LIVE; KMRU & AHO SSAN present LIMEN LIVE A/V; SOFT CRASH (PHASE FATALE + PABLO BOZZI) LIVE; DJ DANIFOX LIVE; ANIMISTIC BELIEFS x JEISSON DRENTH LIVE A/V; TSVI b2b OBJECT BLUE DJ SET; NIA ARCHIVES DJ SET; MOIN LIVE; KEITH FULLERTON WHITMAN LIVE; SOMOS LA HERENCIA LIVE; DAME AREA LIVE; IVANKOVÀ x ÁLVARO CHIOR LIVE A/V; BEATRIX WEAPONS LIVE; DANIA x VALENTINA ALVARADO MATOS LIVE A/V
MIRA, the Barcelona digital arts festival, will celebrate its 11th edition on Friday 11th and Saturday 12th of November. As a novelty, the festival changes location and for the first time it will be held at Fira de Montjuïc, the large venue located in the center of Barcelona.
The room will be more than 12.000 m² in total, double the space we had previously. This will expand the festival’s line–up and all the activities that define it since its first edition which will be open until 5:30 a.m.: a main stage with large-format live audiovisual shows -shows that combine top-level music and visual arts- and a second stage with live sets and DJ sessions, as well as other premises with artistic proposals that go beyond music, such as the MIRA Dome by Bershka -the 360º dome, focused on immersive projects in fulldome format, and an area with large-format art installations.
The entire MIRA 2022 music line-up
The Barcelona digital arts festival released its final line-up today with the addition of Orbital, a British duo and a key figure in the electronic music scene in the 90s. They are responsible for some of the most innovative and iconic tracks of their genre. They will perform their new work “30 something”, an album with new tracks and remixes of some of their classic tracks by producers like Logic1000, Shanti Celeste, Dusky, ANNA, Jon Hopkins and Joris Voorn iin a spectacular audiovisual show to celebrate the band’s 30th anniversary.
In addition, the festival will also feature the live performance of DJ Danifox, a Lisbon dj of angolan origins and resident in England, who is part of the Prince label and is influenced by kuduro, tarraxo and the underground sounds of the Lisbon ghetto, the audiovisual show by Dania, who will present her solo debut, “Voz”, a work that reflects her life between Spain and Australia, with the Venezuelan visual artist Valentina Alvarado Matos, who explores the hybridization of plastic languages such as collage, ceramics and film, and a dj session by Special Request, a.k.a. of Paul Woolford and DJ Mell G, dj, producer, head of Juicy Gang Records and one of the most outstanding talents of these days.